home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me Monday


I did NOT actually take out my planner and mark Jason & Molly's Bachelor Wedding (on March 8th), as if I was actually going to be attending it, when I saw the preview yesterday. (Oh, what ever will I wear?) 

Photo from US Magazine. 
(Of course, it NEVER occurred to me that the very fact that these pictures are already featured in magazines and available on the internet makes it painfully obvious that I will NOT really be attending the wedding... I didn't even think of that!)

I also did not find it my responsibility to defend the "realism" of the show to my co-workers on Friday, despite the fact that this will only be the 2nd couple in Bachelor/Bachelorette history to actually go through with the wedding that serves as their "prize" at the end of the season. I mean, afterall, I firmly believe that a diamond engagement ring is a totally appropriate reward to the girl who suffers through eight weeks in a mansion in California going on all those ridiculously boring dates with a hideous and unsuccessful man!


And, don't worry, I have not planned my entire evening around Jake's Final Rose Ceremony tonight.  I live much more in reality than that and have many more important things to do like cook gourmet meals and rescue kittens from 8 - 10PM.

Folks... of all the New Year's Resolutions I've ever had, this one is by far the most successful! :)

P.S. Don't forget to go check out Friday's post about my 30 Before 30 plans and let me know you're in.  I'd love some more feedback so we can get busy making lists.  (Who doesn't love a good list?!?)

6 comments:

  1. Ok--this comment has nothing to do with your post. I LOVE the picture of your girl at the top of your page!!! I have a Chihuahua who is currently the love of my life (I am still painfully single). Anyway--way cute picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT get sucked into the Bachelor either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did *not* plan my evening around the rose ceremony, either! That would be silly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF....you literally said "rescue kittens from 8-10." i cracked up.. lol. LITERALLY, could you not have thought of SOMETHING else?! you despise cats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not sleep after the final rose. Every year I say I'm not going to watch it again and every year....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, Davey and I tried to watch a few minutes of the Bachelor just so we could relate to your post on Monday morning (haha, gotcha! Actually, since we've cancelled our cable, our options are limited and Davey is ADD, so he kept switching it to the Bachelor during Law & Order commercial breaks). I've gotta say-- I don't get it. The final rose girl looks cracked out, the bachelor looks like he's stoned and am I the only one that thinks it's really sad that she's been "waiting her whole life" to get engaged on national television to some guy she hardly knows?? Also, that photo montage... why are they dry humping on the bow of a pirate ship that is also carrying what looked to be like children passengers?! WTF, man! (Am I allowed to write WTF on your blog?)

    Anywayyyyy, it looks like they have the foundations of a very successful fake television marriage. Best of luck to them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover