home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Friday, March 25, 2011

30 Before 30: One Year Re-Cap

Tomorrow marks one year since we posted our 30 Before 30 lists for all the world to see.  (Or at least my readers.)


Here's where I stand:

1. Write a book (Even if I NEVER publish it.)
2. Become a mom --- on my way!!
3. Run a half-marathon
4. Perform in a play
5. Plant a garden
6. Learn to sew and make something I can wear
7. Cook an entire Thanksgiving meal by myself
8. Go to another continent (besides Europe)
9. Drive across the United States (7/2010)
10. Paint a painting I'm proud of
11. Learn basic photography and PhotoShop
12. Take a class just for fun
13. Read the Bible cover-to-cover
14. Visit all 11 of my college girlfriends at their homes --- I have been to 5; they just keep moving!
15. Present at a national teaching conference (NCTE 11/20/10)
16. Read the top ten novels of all time (Modern Library Association List)
17. Take a "girls only" vacation w/ my mom and sister
18. Get something published (poem, article, etc.)
19. Go on an overnight hiking trip
20. Go to Disney World (I’ve never been) (11/2010)
21. Refinish a piece of furniture --- scheduled for the next few weeks/ nursery furniture
22. Mentor a younger girl
23. Get a make-over and buy the make-up
24. Take HIP-HOP dance lessons and show them off at a club
25. Decorate someone else's house
26. Finish my scrapbook from London (started in 2004)
27. Grow my hair out past my shoulders
28. Wear a bikini and not be self-conscious
29. Learn yoga
30. Learn a song on the guitar

I admit, I really haven't done very much in year one.  In fact, I'm quite behind schedule.  BUT, I have been pretty busy with #2... It is a nine month venture.  ;)  Hopefully, my 27th year will bring lots of excitement & experiences.  (Since that's totally realistic with a new baby, right?)

What have you accomplished?  Please link-up below and share your updated list with us!! (Consider it a birthday gift to me!)

And, in the meantime, I am happy to announce the winner of my Pretty as Pie Pedestal Giveaway...


Congratulations Emma! You are the proud new owner of a  Shabby Chic 3 Tiered Dessert Pedestal!  Please email me to claim your prize.   

*And, if you didn't win, you can still get these cute pedestals here.  There is even one more Shabby Chic.

Ok now... ready, set, LINK!


5 comments:

  1. I think you've done quite a bit in a year!! Besides, #2 is the most important one anyway : )

    Happy birthday girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to start doing this! thanks for the updates.. you are well on your way! :)

    kimberly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday E! The greatest blessing of your life will be welcoming your baby boy into the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am mad that I didn't win Ashley's plate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 is the best one and it is coming true! Congrats! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover