home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Sunday, May 22, 2011

32 Weeks

Well... Here we are at 32 weeks pregnant!

I'm pretty much officially huge.  BUT, at least I can now say I'm "eight months pregnant."  People expect you to be pretty big by then.  They also pick things up for you and move out of the way when you pass them in the hall.  I cannot fit in a desk at school anymore, and restaurant booths are getting pretty tight.  See for yourself...


Check these out for comparison:


Whoa baby!  (Literally)  This really puts things into perspective for me.  I'm really afraid to see what I will look like in eight more weeks. :)


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 weeks

Size of Baby: Almost four pounds (according to my scale, he should be at least twenty pounds by now); and the size of a jicama. (Who even knows what that is?)
Maternity Clothes: Of course.

Gender: Mama's Boy!

Movement: Still moving lots!  I love it!  At our last appointment he was laying across my belly (transverse), but there is still plenty of time for him to get "in position," so I'm not too worried.

Sleep: I had a few nights of "insomnia" last week; but mostly just because my mind was racing with things I need to do.  Otherwise, still just fine.

What I miss: My ankles and cute shoes.

Cravings: Not as bad recently.  I've noticed, however, that I get full much easier (with less food), but am hungry every two hours or so.  Also, I've been really into bagels lately - especially blueberry.  (Don't worry I can eat them on my glucose plan - everything in moderation.)

Symptoms: Everything about me is HUGE.  I have a little heartburn here and there.  And, I believe the nesting has begun... Although, I still get tired and lazy - will this go away too?

Words of Wisdom: Keep your feet up!

Best Moment(s) This Week:  Honestly, Jeff starting a new job and enjoying it so much has been the most wonderful thing ever for me.  It is so good to see God's faithfulness and his timing.  In baby-related moments, my incredible colleagues threw a shower for me this Friday after school.  It was SO nice, and we got some great gifts - including our pack-n-play, which was exciting.  Also, while out of town for a wedding this weekend, Jeff and I finally got to make our trip to Ikea and stock up on some "basics" for the nursery.  I am ALMOST done.

3 comments:

  1. You look great!! I can't believe you're already 8 months. Not that I know you or anything, but it just seems crazy how fast time has gone by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I'm not just saying this, but this has been the BEST picture yet! You look awesome! You've got the mommy glow! I can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! :) can't wait to see that cute elephant-themed nursery!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover