I'm tired today. Jeff has the flu (great timing huh), so I'm basically taking care of two boys, and I didn't sleep well last night because I was in the guest room and worrying about germs and Sam getting sick, etc. etc. etc. Add that to the first two days of teaching (which is always kind-of a performance), and you've got one tired momma... Isn't that always the way it goes when you write a "my life is so good" post?! I should have known... Anyway, I'm just going to jump right in --
- I am counting down the minutes until nap time. There, I said it. Sometimes you just have days like that, and I've been dreaming of my own afternoon nap since the moment my alarm went off this morning.
- On that note, today's after-lunch activity involved me giving Sam a People magazine and letting him rip it to shreds. I've convinced myself that this is somewhat educational because he is at least seeing words, and he is definitely developing stronger arm/hand muscles.
- Even at the sacrifice of good sleep, I opted to sleep on top of the guest room sheets and comforter last night. I don't have plans of hosting any overnight guests any time soon, but that is how much I despise changing sheets. Fresh, clean, and wrinkled. Two out of three isn't bad, right? ;)
- While I am very thankful for your compliments on my outfit and "look" for school yesterday, I must admit that I "put my best foot forward" for the first day in part because I knew I was going to share the photo with you. (Again, I don't know how fashion bloggers do it - that much pressure EVERY day?!?) Anyway, I assure you that my style will only go downhill from there. Haha!
- Speaking of fashion, I have taken the fashion glasses to school both days this week; but I am too nervous to wear them. I feel like someone might call me out on being a fake, and I'll be mortified. Ugg, it is hard work being absolutely ridiculous.
- And last (and completely unrelated), I realized this weekend that in TEN years of visiting Jeff's parents' house, I have never once successfully backed out of their driveway without going through the yard. Thank goodness they keep inviting me over. :)
Alrighty friends, that's all I've got today... I'll leave you with this cute new viral video called "The Parent Rap." If you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend it for a good laugh and another reminder that you are NOT alone in your stacks of dirty dishes and applesauce covered t-shirts.