This post is ALL over the place. Consider this your warning...
- We are bracing for a big snow storm here. Seriously, I'm so excited. That's one of the many things I love about being a teacher - you are never too old to appreciate a snow day! The school system just announced that they are dismissing two hours early today because the snow is "supposed" to start around 2PM. This early dismissal doesn't affect me - since I get off at 11 anyway - but I'm still giddy as a school-girl. Fingers crossed that this isn't just a lot of hype for a false alarm.
|Y'all, that's the front page of the NATIONAL weather right now. To be fair, our local guys are saying to only expect 1 - 5 inches, but still....|
- My dad bought a boat. It is an old pontoon; but we are SO excited about it! My dad loves being on the water, and he has talked about owning a boat for YEARS now. I'm honestly so happy that he has this little "toy" for himself. (Growing up with two girls, he often had to trade things like that for gymnastics lessons and designer dresses.) This past weekend - when, ironically, it was 70 degrees outside - we took the boat out, and I made us have a proper "Boat Christening Ceremony" in which we drank champagne, poured it on the hull, read some funny wishes to the "gods of the sea" and officially gave her her new name - Bear Necessity. (You like it?) *Funny thing about the name... I spent all Sunday morning coming up with a list of 15+ possible names to choose from. Kathryn came up with this one off the top of her head, and it stuck. Go figure.
- I REALLY need to do things in the next six months: 1.) get in shape and lose weight and 2.) check some things off of my 30 Before 30 list. In an effort to figuratively "kill two birds with one stone," I'm seriously considering signing up for a half-marathon late spring. Right now, I am looking at either the Alexandria Running Festival Half on May 26th or the Virginia Wine Country Half on June 2nd. That leaves me more than enough time to complete a 16 week training plan. *To be fair, I just should confess that I've actually signed up - and paid for - a half-marathon before; and, well, since it is still on my list you can probably guess how that went. ;) Anyways, I'm determined (or at least getting there) to really do it this time... But, here are my questions for YOU: First, would any of you be interested in training and then actually meeting me there to run one of these together? I think that would be SO motivating (especially if we got a group to do it), not to mention fun! And, second, if you've ever run a half before, what recommendations do you have - training plans? Timelines? Anything, really.
My sister My beauty coach recently introduced me to two new make-up products that I'm loving. The first is a coral blush that is just the right shade for my freckles and skin tone, and the second is a Mist & Set product that I LOVE because my face is notorious for "eating" make-up within an hour of application. So far, I think it really works. They are both made by E.L.F.* and - the best part - they are only $3.00 each. As if you needed another excuse to make a Target run... :)
- I had to come back and add this after I read about it on Karen At Home: While you are at Target, check out the new line of Chevron crib sheets by Circo. They match Sam's bedroom perfectly!!! (And, no, I don't agree that chevron is kind-of 2011... I was just ahead of the style trends.)
- And finally, as you've probably noticed, I've made a conscious effort to focus on more of the things about myself that make me feel good lately - like decorating. To be honest, when I first made this commitment to myself, I had a bit of a blogger's block. If I'm not making fun of myself, what am I going to talk about? And then, once I got started, it came pretty easily --- so easily, in fact, that I'm starting to feel sort-of guilty - like I'm being conceited or fake. (Seriously, what is wrong with me? I posted a few pictures of my - imperfect - house. It's not like I published Glamor Shots.) Anyway, all that to say, I've got some more posts coming up about some organization projects etc. that I've been working on, and they make me happy. But, rest assured, my guest room ceiling is falling in (literally), I overslept and didn't take a shower before work yesterday, and Sam ate an entire bag of goldfish while I grocery shopped last night. :) There, I feel better...
Ok, that's enough rambling for now. I'll let you know if the snow hits. Have a good day!
P.S. This is just my opinion about the product, and I'm not receiving any incentives for endorsing it.