home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Thursday, October 10, 2013

#ONEBIGTRUTH


I'm linking up with Courtney (who happens to be the sister of one of my college Young Life teammates - small world) today to share the #onebigtruth that God has put on my heart about myself recently.


For most of my life, I have struggled with pride and feeling like I am in control.  This served me well at times, but it also left me feeling the weight of a lot of pressure I put on myself -- If I just worked hard enough, tried hard enough, performed well enough, I would be GOOD ENOUGH.  My life was defined by meeting my own expectations and "looking good" to other people.

Although there have been several points where God has pointed me back towards Him, motherhood has been the most humbling and life-changing experience for me.  Over the last two years, God has taught me that no matter how many books I read, plans I make, or expectations I have, only HE is enough.  

While that truth has been a HARD one to learn, it has also been SO freeing and life-giving.  I don't have to be good enough, because He already is.

Now, I am free to rest in who God has made me and where He has placed me right now.   There is so much peace that comes from being able to let go of my own expectations and efforts and find my identity in what He has already done.

(Read more about that ongoing journey here.)

What is the #onebigtruth in your life?  You can participate by linking up at Courtney's blog or Instagramming your photos and including the hashtag.




P.S. I overslept and didn't shower today. :)

3 comments:

  1. I feel like this is a big truth that He's teaching me as well. :) Our culture tells us that we need to be good enough----but we never will be. Embracing that is so hard! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait! hi! do you know drew? i first couldn't get past your awesome yellow necklace - then i thought you must have been inside my brain. this is so me. great truth shared today. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so honest and encouraging! You need "like" button on your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover