Hope you all are having a good weekend! I made a family rule on Friday that that there was to be absolutely no leaving the house until church on Sunday; and, I have to say, it was just what the doctor ordered. Sam and I literally stayed in our PJs ALL day (Jeff wore jeans), I caught up on lots of house stuff that's been driving me crazy, we had a pot roast for dinner, and watched the Tigers play. Despite their devastating loss, it was a good day. I have about sixteen hours worth of school work to do now, but we are headed to the pumpkin patch instead. #longnightahead
Anyway, I'm just popping in to share some tidbits of knowledge from the internet & random thoughts from my mind...
TIPS & TRICKS:
- You can wear black, brown, and gray together, like, in one outfit! (I did it Thursday and got lots of compliments.) - from Shaeffer at Pinterest Told Me To
- Cook chicken in the crock-pot with a little bit of water or broth all day to be ready for casseroles and other recipes that evening. (Or, do several chicken breasts on Sunday or Monday to last the whole week.) - from Shay at Mix & Match Family
|I love this one from Target!|
- Let your little one paint plain craft paper for to use for Christmas wrapping (or really, any occasion). I'm totally doing this. - from Mommo Design
- Put a paperclip on the end of your tape roll so you never lose your place. (Why didn't I think of that?)
- Treat leopard print like a neutral in your wardrobe. - From The College Prepster & Jenna Lyons for JCrew
Jeff recently announced (after four years of wear) that he doesn't like my Wayfarer sunglasses. I'm kind-of ready for a change too, so I guess I'm on the hunt now. The problem is, I have no idea what will work with my face shape and still say "classic style." Any ideas?
I found Elizabeth Ivie's blog awhile ago and immediately loved it. Then she quit blogging (and teaching) on me, and I was sad. Now she is back - with a brand new site - and I am happy again. It's been a while since I've found a blog that I literally cannot wait for new posts and am content just sitting and reading instead of looking at fancy photos etc. This.is.it. She is a storyteller at the core, and her story is good. SO good. Check it out.
I haven't talked about it much, but I'm leaving Thursday morning for the Allume bloggers conference in Greenville, South Carolina with my friend Libby. Just preparing for it already has a totally different feel to it than Blogher, and I am so so excited. The agenda for the conference is equally focused on growing your blog and improving your craft and using your influence in the internet world to do good for God's kingdom. Ann Voskamp, Emily Freeman, Melanie Shankle, Sarah Mae, and a bunch of other awesome people I just don't know yet are keynote speakers; and The Nester and Emily Jones (both with their husbands) are some of the "big names" leading the workshop/sessions. Are you jealous yet?!? If you are going to be there, PLEASE let me know! Otherwise, I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get back. (And, I promise I will this time. #droppedtheballonBlogher #toolatenow
And finally, how good is this? (I feel a 2014 word of the year coming on.)
That's about all for today! Enjoy your Sunday!