Good morning friends! I haven't posted Midweek Confessions in a while, but that doesn't mean I don't have plenty to confess... so I decided today was as good as a day as any to start them back up. I hope you will join in!
- I get kind of jealous and pout-y when several of the "big" bloggers in my feed all "get together" for some kind of give away, link-up, or series. It is ridiculous really - I don't know any of them - but there's a little bit of middle school girl in me that feels like I "didn't get invited to the cool kids' party."
- For an English teacher, I'm certain that I overuse quotation marks and italics; but, I don't actually know the "rules" for their use (which is the real confession here), so I can't be sure.
- When Jeff is out of town, I act like some kind of "rebel" and eat fast food, keep Sam out too late at Target, skip his bath, and let him sleep in the bed with me. I'm sure I'm creating some kind of complex or, at the very least, some bad habits for Sam - but, it's a price I'm willing to pay. Ha!
- Unlike, it seems, every other blogger in the world, I don't listen to Christmas music OR decorate my house before Thanksgiving. (I might leave my decorations up until February 1st though.)
- Have I mentioned before that I am TERRIBLE at gift wrapping? I mean, terrible. Usually, I make Jeff do it (he is actually really good); but, this year I'm considering babysitting for my neighbor so she can do all my wrapping because she claims to love it.
- I have actually bought some Christmas gifts already; and, I'll be honest, I'm feeling kind-of smug about it. ;)
- I have a new obsession with listening to books on tape. This kind-of makes me feel like a cheater, but also sort-of smart and sophisticated too. (Which is it?) Also, I mostly listen to them on my cell phone while I'm driving, and I may have intentionally driven out of my way one or two
or eight times lately to get to the end of a chapter.
- Sam asks to eat "french fries" just about every day. He doesn't actually eat them every day, but I think the fact that he asks for them is bad enough. (See my third confession.)
- My only goal for the last two weekends has been to clean up my guest room. (We have company coming to stay there over Thanksgiving.) I have successfully managed to NOT accomplish that goal - or anything else because that was my only goal - for two weeks now. #pleasecallhoarders
Thanks for reading all this random/ hot-messness. (You like that?) Now, won't you link-up your confessions below?!