Happy Friday friends! I have to admit, I'm a little bitter that we aren't getting the big snow storm the north east is getting right now; but, it's hard to complain about a two day work week... I'm still struggling to find my blogging mojo after the long holiday break; but, today, for something quick and simple, I'm linking up with Five on Friday and Chatting at the Sky to share...
1. Gel manicures make me feel fancy and sophisticated. I got one with my mom and sister the Saturday before Christmas in a fun copper-sparkly color, and it is still going strong. I've never been much of finger nail polish girl, mainly because I always seem to chip the polish before the end of the first day. But, this polish lasts forever; and, there is something about having nice nails that really makes me feel like a grown-up.
2. I say "oh my gosh" a lot...
...and now, so does Sam. #momfail
3. Clutter really stresses me out; BUT, I spend more time shopping for more stuff than I do actually taking control and making order out of what I already have. (This realization helped prompt my word for the year.)
4. The Elf on the Shelf was a self-published book written almost ten years ago. Opinions aside, The Elf on the Shelf is a genius idea. I love that the concept actually began over a cup of tea and was entirely self-published and promoted by three women.
5. Chia seeds are not just for growing hair on little terracotta animals. They are actually REALLY good for you, and have very little taste good or bad. (I like mine mixed with yogurt and berries or oatmeal.)
*Bonus* Speaking of healthy foods I didn't know I liked, you need to try this recipe for Quinoa Pizza Casserole that I made last night - delish! (Thanks sister!)
And, just because, my favorite picture from December...
|photo by Howard Chen|
P.S. Don't forget to enter the give away for a free professional-quality video of your holidays from YourKidVid by commenting on this post.