home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Getting Started

Ok, let's be honest, my blog has been set-up for weeks now but I've been waiting for something "interesting" to happen to write about. Well, that didn't happen so, here you go: A glimpse at my mostly regular life...

School has been out now for over two weeks. I have become an expert at creating very elaborate To Do lists in my planner - in extremely neat handwriting, I might add - and then promptly avoiding the list by surfing facebook, logging calories, shopping, and now... blogging. Summer is off to an awesome start!!

On a more positive note, last week I got to spend time with two very special groups of people. First, Jeff and I spent three days at Sandbridge Beach with my dad's entire extended family - 34 adults & five babies. Here are a few things I learned about myself from spending quality time with the Mulvaney Clan.

1. My transparent, freckled skin is an Irish blessing. (Please tell that to my bathing suit.)

2. Mulvaneys love to cry. (This was especially insightful for Jeff, who I think truly believed that I had an emotional eye disorder.)

3. I can actually be a little stalkerish when it comes to babies. ***NOTE*** I have baby fever pretty bad. I'm over the "going out" phase and now, literally, dream about being up all night with a newborn. Weird, I know.

4. I did not get the Mulvaney "drinking gene."

5. My family is great. We don't get to see each other much, but I really had a great time. Jeff and I talked on our way home about how lucky we are, and how special family is. It was great to talk to my different relatives about things like my history, my faith, and my future. :)

After the beach trip (and a thrilling meeting about summer school), I headed west to spend four days with my very best friends (from Clemson) in the mountains of North Carolina. These eleven beautiful girls never fail to make me cry AND laugh more than anyone else in the world! This year we had a special addition to the crew, baby Quinn McDonald - the first boy ever invited to spend the night with all twelve of us! :) It was so nice to be around a group that makes me feel so comfortable and loved. We had lots of girltalk, cheez-its, and fun. Can't wait till next time!


3 comments:

  1. i seriously have been checking your blog every day since you told us about it. thanks for posting. I will be stalking you from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. count me in on the blog stalking...love you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover