home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hi Ho Hi Ho...

It's back to work I go!

I've been catching a lot of slack for not updating my blog lately. My apologies to all seven of my loyal blog followers! :) Hopefully, now that school is back in full swing and I'm beginning to catch a life again, I will get back on track with my updates.

So, today is my third day of my third year of teaching. Happy Golden Anniversary to me! :) So far things are going well. I have my own classroom this year - which is a HUGE step-up from the "Rolling Thunder Show" that was my cart. It is decorated in bright colors, Christmas lights, a couch, and leopard print... VERY 1970s brothelish -perfect for learning. I also have really excellent students - I'm lucky, what can I say?

I am still reflecting a lot on my style advice from a week or so back. Today, I dressed in my ultra preppy Lily Pulitzer dress, only to turn on the lights in one of my classes and have a student act as if she was blinded and say, "WOW, your dress is SO BRIGHT." I'm not really sure whether that is a compliment or not.

Also, last weekend I went over to visit Granny and Poppy and found my sister sitting on the floor with a towel spread out and TONS of make-up. Honestly, she could have painted the faces of an entire Miss America Pagent. Lucky me - I had won a free makeover! I left looking quite orange and glistening, or, in the words of Poppy: "You look different. You look good." Awesome.

Anyways, there's an update for now. I will try to post more (including pics of my classroom)soon.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh- your classroom sounds SO much cooler than Alan's. I read off to him what your classroom has and he just looked at me blankly. I recall him saying last year a few female teachers brought him posters in a show of sympathy for his poorly decorated classroom. He did not use most of them because he thought they were 'lame'. Yeah, nothing says fun like blank white walls.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover