home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Monday, September 14, 2009

Introducing: The 21 Day Challenge!

Ok, so the blog readership is down and the scale is UP. Something drastic has to happen...

I give you: The 21 Day "Skinny Bitch" Challenge

Skinny Bitch is a hilarious - but very legitimate and well researched book -that my sister Kathryn introduced me to a few years ago after a Two Cheeseburger Meal rendezvous for "encouragement." Since then, I have purchased the audio version of this book and come back to it often on "Fat Days." However, without fail, I choose aspartame, cookies, and fast food instead of their healthy plan. (Look, I'm baring it all here!)



That's right folks, for the sake of the blog (and my wardrobe), I'm making an appetite adjustment.

For 21 days (that's how long they say it takes to create a habit.) I will follow the "Skinny Bitch" plan and record my daily trials, tribulations, and food addiction with drawl symptoms RIGHT HERE on my blog. Sit back, relax, and start praying for me now. **You might want to pray for Jeff & my students too - this will NOT be pretty.**

The plan:

1. NO SUGAR. (Excluding natural sugars -i.e. fruits etc. THANK GOODNESS!)
2. NO WHITE FLOUR PRODUCTS.
3. NO MEAT. (This obviously is for the 21 day challenge ONLY.)
4. NO DAIRY. (Ditto above.)
5. NO JUNK FOOD.
6. NO ALCOHOL, SODA, or COFFEE.


*Realize that this basically means NO EATING. Which, without question, is GUARANTEED to make me skinny, and a bitch.

Day 1: September 14 --> Day 21: October 4

At this point, you might be wondering about my "last meal"... Well, in true Elizabeth spirit, I celebrated an entire weekend of eating junk so there would be plenty to clean out. :) This began with a Rochester, NY specialty called "trash plates" on Friday night at our friends' the Reynolds house.

If this doesn't make you want to fast for few days, I don't know what will.

Then... Saturday night I drank too much sangria... And, I wrapped up the weekend with hotdogs & TT chili. **Note to self: Do not talk about Texas Tavern chili and hotdogs during 21 day challenge. Too tempting.


And so, without further adeui, DAY 1.

3 comments:

  1. if TT is too tempting just wait until Wednesday night...we'll see your true commitment...

    love,
    saboteur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have much more will power than me, my friend. good luck. can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks really pretty in that pic! And what DO you eat?! Just fruits and veggies? And like...beans? I'm doing an 8 week get your body back after baby challenge which I'll be blogging about too! It starts in a week. I'm excited to follow your journey to being a skinny biotch.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover