home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why We Don't Have Kids

So you may remember that I've been having "baby fever" recently... It's true. I crave late nights, early mornings, cuddly onesies, and spit-up. I think about it all the time. THEN, occassionally, I am reminded why we don't have kids yet. Yesterday was one of those days...

I mentioned a few posts back that Jeff once LOST a friend's two yorkies while we were dogsitting... This is one of the legendary stories at our house because it so perfectly illustrates our irresponsibility and Jeff's laid back attitude: He actually searched for the dogs for all of one hour before declaring it a "lost cause" and then only lucked out when a nearby veternarian found the pups and posted signs in the neighborhood later that day.

Flashforward about a year and a half: After our wild party this weekend, the back gate was left open yesterday. Howard came over and brought Tso for his daily workout and Addy and Tso's play-date. Little did he know that while he was pumping iron in the basement, Addy and Tso were going on a little adventure of their own.

Luckily, Tso was wearing tags. (Jeff and I are too irresponsible to keep Addy's collar on her... We don't like the way it makes her chest fur look.) An hour or so later, Howard received a phone call from the SAME BLASTED VET. He had found the dogs. Who is this Miracle Man and why does he love us so much?

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure there are WANTED signs all around Roanoke warning people not to leave their prized possessions anywhere near the Chapmans. Plus, I don't think the Amber Alert system would be quite so forgiving with kids.

We are going to wait a little while longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover