home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shopping Extravaganza!

I think Jeff felt guilty after my last Anthropologie shopping post because this weekend he actually encouraged me to go hog wild. Woohoo!!! (See, my blog is serving a greater purpose than just random ramblings after all.)

This weekend, Jeff & I took a little mini-vacay to Richmond for his company Christmas party & a shopping extravaganza! If you have never been to Short Pump Mall in Richmond - I HIGHLY recommend it. It is a little bit like a dream! What made it even better is that I had saved up and got to do ALL my Christmas Shopping in one swoop. Translation: Although I was actually buying gifts we budgeted for, it felt like I was a true shopping queen, just whisking through stores like a professional, gleefully selecting gifts, and casually tossing my debit card around. This all sounds very glamorous, doesn't it? In fact, at one point, I had to call Jeff to literally come and "rescue" me, because I had so many bags that I couldn't move and I kept knocking over display items. (Nevermind that people were actually quite annoyed with me and I didn't look very "cute" at all.) When he and his bud John, finally came to dig me out of the consumerist pile in Pottery Barn, I was smiling like a pig in slop. Honestly, life doesn't get much better than a new Starbucks re-usable cup filled with coffee, a snowy afternoon, a gigantic mall, and two studs to carry around my bags and open doors for me. Just call me Jessica Simpson. (Hey, a girl can dream!)

In other news: I WON the table decorating contest!! Table #2!! (Check out all the pictures here.) **I don't want to gloat or anything; but, my table not only won, it was also the most homemade AND the most affordable! Even the creepy owl didn't keep me from winning!! Thanks for the votes all you fashionable friends!
Final Score:
1st Place - Me!! (Table #2 with 25 votes)
2nd Place - Peg (Table #1 with 21 votes)
3rd Place - Mom (Table #3 with 19 votes - It might have been the "woodland creatures," I'm just saying.)
Stay tuned next week for my decorating entry in a "Christmas Tour of Homes" on December 14th... I am trying to make a name for myself in the blog world. Haha.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you had fun at Short Pump Mall. It was hard going from that to our lovely shopping in Roanoke. I have learned to live with online shopping. -- Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do not EVER compare yourself to J. Simps. Could you honestly not think of someone a bit more... normal..and more of a fashion icon? I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youve got competition-I'll be in it too!!! whahahaahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only assume that they lovely anonymous post is from my uplifting & encouraging sister. Thanks girls!

    And Nikki, I was hoping you'd join in. ONLY, I'll believe it when I see it. Your blog still says "Coming Soon" on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog trough Kelly's Korner....you CRACK me up!! And, just so you know, I would have voted for your table also (BECAUSE of the creepy owl though and I would LOVE to know where you got him, I need one like him to add to my collection!!!).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover