home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

WooHoo My Very First Blog Award

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! To my friend Tessica over at I Hate When He Steals the Covers for the Beautiful Blogger Award.  Secretly, I've been covetting something like this to dress up my page and boost my ego for some time now. ;)  Tessica and I went to school together to be English teachers at Radford University, and we have just recently been reunited via the blog world.  So fun!

Anyways, on to my "Acceptance Speech." 
Here are the requirements:
1. Thank & link to the person who gave you the award - DONE!
2. Pass this award on to 15 bloggers you've recently discovered & think are fantastic.
3. Contact said blogs and let them know they've won - CHECK!
4. State 7 things about yourself. 

So... FIFTEEN blogs huh?  And, what exactly does "recently" mean?
Here are some friends and favorites worth checking out:
Katie @ Loves of Life
Nikki @ Design Blooms
Crystal @ Little Bit Funky
Lauren @ Lovely Life of Lauren
Abby @ Babbling Abby
Erika @ Something Beautiful
Allyson @ The Blackwoods (My No FaceBook Feb. partner in crime!)
Elizabeth @ A Wedding Story
Lindsey @ We are Schuberts
Amanda @ Weaving Our Webb One Day at a Time
Ashley @ The Schnabel's (What is it with me and "Sch" friends?)
Holly @ Life in the Fun Lane
Melissa @ Stafford Stories
Sonja @ For the Love of Stilettos
Kelsey @ The Seattle Smith's
I don't know most of these bloggers, and some of them are kind-of "Blog Celebrities" as I like to call them, so I doubt everyone will follow-up.  BUT, these ladies have kept me successfully entertained for 3+ hours this morning and always brighten my day with their creativity, passion, humor, and honesty.  Hope you enjoy!

And... 7 Things About Me:
  1. I have a very serious addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper.
  2. I absolutely HATE ketchup.  And doing laundry.
  3. I asked my husband to 3 out of 4 high school dances.  He said no.  He finally asked me to our Senior Prom. I said yes.
  4. I could clean out closets and drawers ALL day. 
  5. My sister is the funniest person I know. Joe Richmond is close competition.
  6. I LOVE being a teacher, but I still hope to be able to stay home with a house full of kids one day.
  7. One of my favorite things in the world is my dog Addy's nose.  Gross, but true.
Thank you again Tessica for giving me something to do with my time today!  (And, yes, I have been playing with my blog ALL day.)

11 comments:

  1. E - I love the new layout! Thanks for the award. I will try to post about it very soon. My "cravings" are pretty much gone. Last night the hubs and I were actually talking about how we have liked this break. I had Facebook on my phone and I turned off the application, I seriously used to check it 30 times a day. I cannot believe I just admitted that. So anyways, this is getting easier as it goes and I dont think I will ever quite be the addict I was before. How is the break going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you E!!!!!! I am honored to recieve the award! I also just read your numbers blog, ya'll should be getting more snow this weekend right? So crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. blog celebrities?! hehe...thats cute.

    I emailed you about this, thanks again sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for the shout out! ;) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! Blog Celebrity? I love it :)

    Thanks so much for this tag and also for the sweet comment on my blog. It really made me smile! It's bloggers/readers like you that help me keep on going in the blog world.

    thank you so much :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the beautiful blog award. I enjoyed reading your note today. Thanks for the email and the special blog post today. So glad I have great blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay congrats on your first award. i remeber how excited i was when i got my first one last month too... its nice to know people are reading :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog through Sonja, so so cute! Hope you have had a great week! xoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the award! I've also enjoyed stalking you these past few weeks. :) If you're interested in swapping lives for a few days, I'd be happy to be snowed in and you can go teach for me?? Think about it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo hoo! Thank you so much, I'm honored :) I love your blog, and of course, your precious furbaby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shut up...my very own blog award...and the first one at that! Thanks E! Even though I am completely the most undeserving blog award winner EVER....I will totally accept it and love every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover