home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Friday, March 19, 2010

Operation Get Things Done

I specifically remember a conversation I had with two of my closest friends right before I got married, standing in my kitchen at our first apartment obsessing over how to get the black marks off of our white linoleum floor.  I was worried that I would spend so much time cleaning and being "busy," that I would neglect more important things like spending time with my new husband. Based on my track record of being slightly OCD/overachiever/organized-fanatic up until that point, it was a legitimate concern.

Fast forward 2.75 years.  Um, girls, your prayers paid off.  I, CLEARLY, function in extremes.  It seems these days, I NEVER do housework or any of the other "chores" that need to get done.  *I am however, excellent at updating my blog, eating three square meals a day, and finding time to go late night shopping with my sister.

I need some balance.

SO... Inspired by this post from one of my new favorite bloggers, I am officially designating today: Get Things Done Day 2010.  My "To Do" list has been growing for weeks and, instead of making me feel free, I feel stressed, dirty, and weighed-down. 

I won't be checking my blog anymore today.  (Trust me, this will be incredibly difficult.)  I will be cleaning, picking up drycleaning, making my bed, returning a few phone calls, etc. etc. etc.

Thank you for your support.

(And, in the meantime, make SURE you enter my giveaway for an awesome monogrammed bag!) 

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I need a day like yours to get everything done. Now that softball season has started I have not been getting home before 8 or 9 every night and it is really taking its toll on my laundry room.

    BTW, I left you an award over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reality she... went to lunch with her sister and mother, and spent about 2 hours getting a manicure and pedicure.. lol. im SURE that afterwards she got "lots" done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! I linked to you because I completely needed need this inspiration! Visit my blog and see, hope you approve - - - I'm a VERY BEGINNER blogger. Your advice is always welcomed :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover