home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Monday, January 10, 2011

Bad Teacher: A Repost

In the spirit of exam week, I'm re-posting this little diddy from last year.  Enjoy!

*****
[with respectful apologies to Jana Mathews at The Meanest Mom]

Long after the final bell, when everyone has cleared the hallways, I crawl under my desk and plot evil ways to destroy my students. I change all of my due-dates to one week earlier and re-write tests to ENSURE that NOTHING we have actually studied is on them.

I do this because I want to ruin their futures and make myself look better by having a class full of failures.

While I'm at it, I usually break into their lockers and steal all of their notebooks and writing utensils. I also violently shred the projects they have been working on for weeks and pour soda deep into their backpacks until their textbooks are illegible.

When I have time, I use a sledge hammer to detonate their computer hard drives and randomly delete all their "Very Important Documents." And when I'm super bored after my work day ends, I stay up all night doodling with a red pen on their homework and callling parents to BEG them to disconnect their Play Station or cell phone. If all that still doesn't CRUSH their hopes and dreams, I wait until the next morning when I see them in class and then hypnotize them all so they fall fast asleep and miss all my instruction.

I am a fun stealer and a torturer of all young people.

Or so my students believe.

4 comments:

  1. Clearly that is what we high school teachers do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I repost this on my blog? I've only had minimal "parent issues," but the ones I've had this year have been nuts...and I want to repost this somewhere so people can read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!, I've awarded you a blog award over at my blog if you'd like to stop by and pick it up!

    http://johnsonfamilyinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! I KNEW bad grades were never my fault!


    ...this is brilliant blogswomanship!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover