home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Table Decorating Contest V: Pinterest Version

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember my annual Thanksgiving Table Decorating Contest.

The tradition began five years ago when my mom and her best friend decided to host a joint Thanksgiving.  No one had dishes to accommodate so many guests, so we instituted the "set your own table" rule, which quickly turned into a friendly competition.  (For more details, look at years passed here and here.)

Since then, the concept has evolved quite a bit.  For example, last year, we cancelled our big event, and I opened the competition up to you all - my talented and crafty readers. 

And this year, with the welcome addition of Pinterest to our lives, I bring you the new & improved...
Thanksgiving Table Decorating Contest V:
Pinterest Version
November 24th - 29th, 2011
"Official" Rules:
- Find an "inspiration photo" on Pinterest.
- Decorate/set your own Thanksgiving table (for one or one hundred) based on your Pin.  *Feel free to take creative liberties & make it your own.
- Take pictures!
- Post photos of your table & your Pinterest photo (with a link to the original site please) on your blog.
- Link-up your post @ http://www.emyselfandi.com/ sometime between Nov. 24th and Nov. 29th.
- Come back here, check out all the posts, and VOTE for your favorite on Nov. 30th.
- Winner will get an awesome (yet-to-be-decided) prize.

I hope you'll join in!  I'm so excited!

Until then, here are a few Pinterest photos I found to "wet your whistle":

Pinterest via tobifairley.com via marthastewart.com

Pinterest via bhg.com

Pinterest via bhg.com

Pinterest via stylemepretty.com
(FYI: My inspiration photo is not pictured above... But, duh, I'll be playing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover