home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Midweek Confessions Again

Friends, this is a wild week.  I'm doing some testing at work and Jeff is out of town all week - except tonight he'll be home for sleeping only.  Anyway, regardless, I'm feeling pretty good.  Life is feeling more manageable this week.  There could be several factors contributing to this, but one is most definitely the fact that my house has been "neat" for the last week or so.  It's amazing what a difference that makes.  Anyway, let's get down to business...

- Sometimes I buy candy at the checkout line at the grocery store for myself (a girl deserves a treat when she's just completed a routine grocery trip, right?) and - when the cashier asks if I want them to leave it out of the bags, I say "oh no, you can just throw it in there."  I'm hoping, of course, that they will assume I'm buying it for my husband or something.  I always dig it out of the bag in the car so I can eat it on my way home.  Obviously.

- I called Jeff at 7:30 this morning to tell him about the odd color of my breastmilk last night.  I also called my mom and sister - they didn't answer.  (You guys really missed out!)  It was too late to call when I finished pumping last night, but I'd been so excited to discuss it.  The things that make me excited these days...

- I "watched" the State of the Union last night; but, I was much more entralled in Hillary's poor choice of hair accessories than anything the President said.  I'm terrible, I know.  But really, she is too old to wear a sparkly headband, doesn't she have a stylist?

- I plan my outfits based on how many "important" people I'm going to see in a day.

- I made cookies Monday night because one of my girlfriends and her husband would be travelling through town and staying with us on Tuesday.  Jeff and Seth ate two each on Monday.  Pryor and her husband ate maybe two each last night.  I ate the other 28.  (They were small ok!) I don't think it's good for me to bake.

Ok, grab the button and link up below.  Can't wait to see what other terrible things you guys are doing this week! :)





18 comments:

  1. Ahhh I dress for others too... but the worst part is that I also dress Josie based on who is going to see her. I really hope she never picks up on that because it could create a complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I pick out my outfits too. So today I am wearing yoga pants since I am seeing no one, obviously I feel no need to wow myself ;)

    I always have (had I guess, I'm doing no sugar for 6 months) to send cookies to work with my husband or else I eat them all in the span of a day. Cookies for breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner. It's a disaster (and always why I am doing no sugar for 6 months lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfrosted, strawberry Pop Tarts make their way into my shopping cart almost every time I shop without my husband. I eat at least one package of them before I get home. I don't really buy soda, but a 20 ounce diet Coke often accompanies the Pop Tarts. You're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your first confession. I wonder if grocery store clerks realize how much effort people go to trying to impress them? I bet they go home at night with the BEST stories about people. I bet they'd make great bloggers. Come to think of it, I might need to start searching for one. Grocery Store Clerk Tells All!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're hilarious... I didn't "watch" The State of the Union address, was it any good? I'm now going to hunt down Hilary's accessory choice however.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so funny!
    I dress for others too... But that's okay... righ? RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always give myself a treat (or two) for grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I do the same with my outfits:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I do the SAME thing with candy at the check outs! I always unwrap it before I put my van in drive! LOL (SHAME)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the first one totally cracks me up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. every time they panned to Hilary, it looked like she was getting ready to beat someone up! and I don't have a problem with cookies, but I cannot keep any maple pecan shortbread squares in the house... I'll eat a whole pan, a pound of butter and all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do the same thing when I bake just about anything. It's not safe to have goodies in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shared my confession but had some trouble putting the button in the post. I linked back to this post and your site though : ) It's my first confession! Such a great idea...I eat a lot of cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just linked my confession - first one too! :) Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha i do the same EXACT thing with my outfits. i tend to see the most people on sundays cause of church so i usually save all my cute or new stuff for then. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I thought the exact same thing when I saw Hillary last night. How funny!

    And, I think a lot of us are guilty of choosing our outfits based on who we are going to be seeing.

    Blessings, it's always fun stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU are hysterical, E... and you're not confessing anything that I don't already KNOW!! By the way, I too choose my outfits based on what is going on in a day!
    Poor Hillary Clinton...her hair has been the pits since long before ol' Bill was in the White House!!!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover