home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Friday, October 19, 2012

"Thank You"s and "I'm Sorry"s

or should it be "Thank yous" and "I'm sorries"?

Whatever... :)

Dear Parenthood Seasons 1 - 4 on Amazon Prime free instant streaming, thank you for getting me through the last four days of insane paper grading and laundry folding.  I couldn't have done it without you.

Dear Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, I'm sorry for ever saying I didn't like you.  I take it back. You are delicious.


Dear nurses at the pediatrician's office that always answer the helpline (eventually), I'm sorry for calling you incessantly.  I am considering creating a fake name for future calls so that you at least think you aren't talking to the crazy mom who worries about everything again.

Dear $20 leopard print tuxedo flats from Target, thank you for making me feel partially trendy and put-together on days when my hair looks like a squirrel's nest, my shirt is wrinkled, and I have bags under my eyes.


Dear Sam's incredible babysitter Jennifer, thank you for loving my boy so well when I'm not there, for unloading my dishwasher every.single.morning, and for not judging me for leaving my bed unmade and my underwear on the bathroom floor.

Dear "little man" clothes, I'm sorry for judging you before I even knew you.  I might think you are kind-of cute now. (Or maybe it's just the pumpkin hat!)


8 comments:

  1. Hey E,

    You're post made me smile this morning! I love the part about the unmade bed and underwear on the bathroom floor...I'm guilty too.

    I'm a new reader, and I love your honest, heart-felt posts!

    Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I meant your not you're! Grammar bad! Ugh... My English professors are so ashamed!

      Delete
  2. That little pumpkin hat mixed with the "little man" outfit is one of the absolute cutest things I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post E. It's sort of like your weekly confessions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for crossing over to little man clothes! You won't regret it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again - hysterical! Great blog post and I can so relate. I want to thank my babysitter for folding my laundry for me (including my undies) and not judging the unmade beds, dirty dishes in the sink, and dog hair gathered in the corner. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant get over how precious baby looks.. omg. Love-aunt b ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's thank yous and i'm sorries...
    plural, not possession, hardly anyone even stops to think about which is correct, lead the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover