home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Sunday, November 4, 2012

How to Add Your Email Address to Your Comments

You might remember my new "blog goal" to try to respond to more blog comments.  I've been doing much better (if I do say so myself); but, I've been super sad to see how many of you I CAN'T respond to because you don't have your email account attached to your blog account.

To be fair, I don't blame you for not having this figured out.  I had no idea myself until Katie (my blog mentor of sorts) wrote this post a while back.  Honestly, before that, I didn't even know you could have comments sent to your email, so it was a light bulb kind of moment for me.  (Dork alert, I know.) *Hmm, in that same post, she talked about not "copying" or "stealing" content from other bloggers.  This might count as doing that; but, I am linking to her... Oh, the stresses of blogging! ;)

Anyway, I thought I'd take a minute on this rainy Sunday afternoon to pass on my "wisdom" to you, my lovely readers.  It will just take a few minutes to fix this common problem; and, once you do, we can finally communicate like real friends! :)

*Really, you could just go read Katie's post.  She is much more concise than me.  BUT, I did include some screen shots (for the "smartest" of us) and a few updates for the latest version of Blogger.

Ok.

Step 1: Go to your Blogger dashboard/ the screen that comes up when you login at blogger.com and find your profile picture in the top right corner.


Step 2: Click on the little arrow next to your photo & select Blogger Profile.  Then, click "Edit Profile."

Step 3: Check the box next to "Show my email address" & add an email address below.


Step 4: Click "Save Profile" at the very bottom, and you're DONE!  Now, when you comment on a blog post, it will be sent to my email and I'll be able to reply directly back to you! 

Easy as can be.  :)  

Um... One more thing, while you're being "web savvy," I've set up a new Facebook page for the blog.  Will you go like it (right here), so I don't feel like a loser?  Thanks friends!


Have a great Sunday... I'm off to do the mad dash of getting all three of us ready for church and out the door in the next thirty minutes.  Ha!

6 comments:

  1. Oh pullleaseee lady, you're good. I appreciate the linking love, but I don't even remember writing that post, must have been decades and a few kids ago. HA. :) Anyway. This is just good info for people to know! cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh THANK YOU for this PSA-- I have talked about this TWICE on my blog and STILL people don't do it! So frustrating! Perhaps you will convince them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't you leave a comment back on one of their blog posts though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice! I am a new follower from Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, I am glad I have this....too many directions!!! love you

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover