I really should write these "as I go" because I am constantly doing things that make me think "oh, I must confess this," but then my mind always goes blank when I sit down to write! Either way, there has been plenty of hot mess up in this place lately. ;)
- I frequent the mall playground way more than I care to admit. This is one of those germ-infested-stinky-sock-smelling places that I absolutely would have turned my nose up at before I became a boy-mom. Now, we probably go there once every other week so Sam can run, climb, slide, and fall until his heart is content. Plus, it is an added bonus that Ann Taylor Loft and The Gap are a mere steps away. Yes, I still think it is pretty gross, but one can only eat play in the play-land at Chickfila so often, and mommy gets desperate on cold yucky days. Thank goodness spring might finally be making its grand entrance!
- I let my child eat unwashed (gasp) strawberries while I grocery shopped yesterday. A girl can't win, you know? My friend - another mama I ran into at the store - let her little one eat Krispy Kreme donuts to keep him quietly seated in the cart; so, I felt that surely I was doing better than that (not that I'm above a sugar-induced coma when the situation calls for it). But, no. According to a kind little old lady - who clearly got dressed up in her Sunday-finest for a trip to the local Kroger - "Strawberries are the worst because of all those little pores for pesticides." And then she added, "I hope your mommy washed that before she gave it to you, you cute thing" before touching his face (which, I believe, is also kind-of unhealthy) and walking away. Awesome.
- Speaking of sugar-induced comas, Sam threw an absolute fit in a gas station when I attempted to take a half-eaten bag of gummies from his grubby hands to have the man scan the barcode at the register. Dear son, thank you so much for drawing attention to the frazzled mom in the front who lets her kid eat junk food and has no control over his behavior. I treasure opportunities to be humbled in public.
- Sometimes Jeff and I let Sam sit in the bathtub until the water gets way too cool and then completely forget to actually clean him. Oops. (And, don't worry, we are in there with him... We just have so much fun playing with him and catching up with each other during bath time, that our priorities get mixed up sometimes. We aren't that bad of parents.)
- I am wearing black winter pants with a spring top and spring shoes today. I also did not blow-dry my hair. #fashionfauxpas #wiww #hideous
- And, finally, I think this photo that I posted on Instagram Sunday speaks for itself...
Hilarious - and disgusting - right?
So, apparently I need to start monitoring my child's diet a bit more closely... What are your confessions today? Please share them below or post a link to your own Midweek Confessions blog post!