First things first... It was SO good to hear from so many of you and find your blogs on Monday (and the comments keep trickling in)... I'm a little slow, but I'm making my way to each and every one as quickly as possible. Thank you! Also, it is looking like a little Roanoke/New River Valley get-together is in order! I am going to try to plan something (maybe picnic and park in Salem - in between) for early June when school gets out. Locals, stay tuned for details. I can't wait.
Now, on to today's confessions:
- Last week, when Jeff was out of town, I went to Target FOUR times. (He was gone three days.)
- I "oversleep" every.single.morning.
- We are working on being more consistent about getting Sam to bed by 9PM every night. This is late by virtually every other parent I know standards, but it is early (or at least reasonable) for us. Oops.
- I bought new "skinny" black pants to wear to a family reunion/birthday party on Saturday. They ripped right up the back within two minutes of me putting them on. #notsoskinny (For the record, it really wasn't noticeable, so I hedged my bets and wore them anyway.)
- Not one, not two, but THREE people contacted me on Monday to inform me of Reese Witherspoon's arrest over the weekend. (Hadn't heard? Allow me...) I think this is proof that a. I might have been slightly overly obsessed with her in college, and b. my friends/family have very little confidence in my maturity since then. ;) #shewentdownhillafterryanphillipe #istilllikeher
- When I was at Chickfila with Ashley last week, one of the workers recognized me and our conversation made that very obvious. (He usually works at a different Chickfila, and I usually go to that one, so we were surprised to see each other at this one.) It was awkward - mainly because I was with a "new" friend, and I obviously go to Chickfila way too often.
- Jeff and I committed to making this week "meatless" and trying to really load up on lots of veggies. I made a delicious roasted veggie medley on Sunday and Monday nights, and we were feeling quite good about ourselves. Then, last night, I got tired of cooking (two nights in a row is a lot for me), and our neighbors invited us over for lasagna. So, clearly, we had to go. We lasted two nights being meatless. Tonight we are having hotdogs.
I'd love to have you join in the fun today!! Share your confessions on your blog & then link up the post below - pretty please?!?!