Today is my sister's 27th birthday! Birthday's were a big deal at our house growing up. As soon as my birthday was over at the end of March, we started planning Kathryn's - which was almost like a second birthday for me because lots of relatives thought it was only fair to give both of us gifts. So, naturally, I've been thinking about this day (and this blog post) for over a month now... This weekend we will celebrate together; but, for today, I give you...
(Clearly, some of these I haven't quite "mastered" yet; but, you get the gist...)
1. Legs always looks better with a tan and in heels.
2. Packing for trips should be done at least two weeks ahead of time.
3.You are never too broke to buy a new dress.
4. It is fine to use a pacifier until you are four, and immediately replace that habit with excessive gum-chewing
5. Skirts should be worn AT the waist with a belt and a tucked-in shirt.
7. One is never too old or too cool to be obsessed with Taylor Swift.
8. Going to bed listening to your multiplication tables on a recording can have significant life-long implications
9. Underwear lines are unacceptable.
10. The quest for the most delicious chips and salsa in the world is a perfectly legitimate life-mission.
12. Products (as in, hair) are a girl's best friend.
13. A well-placed cuss word (or a few) goes a long way.
14. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and "Steele Magnolias" are the best movies of all time.
15. Maxi-dresses are God's gift to girls-with-hips.
17. Diet Coke must always be consumed through a straw.
18. A straightener is the greatest invention of all time. (Instead of china or sheets, she gave me my first Chi as a wedding gift. THAT is what sisterhood is all about folks.)
19. Iphones require updating occasionally.
20. A week is not complete without at least three visits to Target.
22. Jodi Picoult novels and US Weekly are works of fine literature.
23. Cutting slits in the top of pany-hose makes breathing infinitely easier.
24. There is no such thing as too white when it comes to teeth.
25. Clothes with animals on them rock. (This obsession started with a pink sweatshirt dress with a sparkly cat on it when we were four and six, and is still alive and well today.)
27. There is no greater gift in the world than a sister. :)
In all sincerity, my sister is one of the most honest, funniest, beautiful girls you will EVER meet. She will inspect an outfit and tell you to change without a moment's hesitation, but she will also get in the car and drive to your house in the middle of the night when you have the baby-blues, buy you a treat "just because," and clean out your closet as a surprise while you are at work.
Kathryn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am the luckiest girl in the world to have spent the last 27 years with my very best friend!Big Sponsor Give Away here!