home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Thursday, August 1, 2013

How to Procrastinate

As a self-declared (and backed up by virtually all those near and dear to me) expert on the subject, I bring you...


1. Talk A LOT about all the work you have to do. Tell everyone you know. (Bonus points for telling strangers.)

2. Create adorably cute and organized (think - color coded) spreadsheets outlining the work you have to do and how much time it will take you. 

3. Make multiple trips out for coffee and diet coke so that you can "stay up all night" to work.

4. Do very important other tasks that have been on your To Do List for a long time. Ideas include organizing the linen closet, labeling bins for medicine and toiletries, bathing the dog, stocking your freezer, and finding the perfect beach tote.

5. Draft elaborate emails requesting extra time to complete said project with very creative and convincing excuses.  (Warning: Do not send!)

6. Write a blog post about how to procrastinate. (And, if you are truly committed, make a little banner to go with it!)

*Not that I have experience practicing any of these techniques or anything! ;)


P.S. I'm totally shifting gears here, but my sweet sponsor/friend Cameron of Lil Sweetie Designs is running a deal on Aden and Anais products right now in honor of the royal baby's impeccable style (Did you notice that he was wrapped in the Jungle Jam swaddle blanket when he made his grand debut last week?) Sam had several of these blankets and burp clothes when he was a baby and I LOVED them! Just one more thing Kate and I have in common. ;)

Prince George (image from Huff Post)

She is running a special right now where you can get 10% off any of her Aden & Anais products with the code: ROYALCheck it out and stock up for your baby or the mama in your life! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I got the biggest kick out of the post because it's basically me in a nutshell :) Commenting on blog posts on procrastination = another great way to procrastinate, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha LOVE IT!! At least now you don't have the weight of needing to blog weighing heavily on your heart, too. That will really free you up to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I know the art of procrastination all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to add looking up ways to organize the things on my to do list on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for sharing useful experience. My new blog you are also learning through sharing offline
    du lịch trung quốc

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I call "productive procrastination" (my hubby is an expert). You get things done, but never the task at hand! Still...it beats the old TV watching procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I do most of these as well and reading your list further confirmed our friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will most certainly be me starting next week as my online class begins Monday! I especially appreciate the great amount of things you do get done ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover