*I know I'm a day (or four) late and a dollar short on this... Consider it my gift to those of you (like me) who have to watch shows online three days later to stay "caught up." ;)
I've had the premieres of Parenthood and Scandal written in my planner for weeks now; but, somehow, it never occurred to me that the first episode of Scandal would be on at exactly the same time as the second episode of Parenthood and so on and so on for the whole season. Combine that with the fact that I often have to fight Jeff for the TV on Thursday nights anyway
(because college football really needed another day), and it's almost too much to bear... A travesty really.
Anyway, I won control of the TV Thursday night mostly because I managed to convince Jeff that I had to blog about Scandal and, therefore, it was work. (See, those are the kind-of reasons why I had two sponsored posts last week; otherwise, this might never have been... You can thank me later.)
I was super excited about all of the social media hoopla surrounding the premier of Scandal, so I opted to watch it "live" and save Parenthood for laundry folding later on... Truth be told, I think I will switch those two next week because social media and a semi-complicated story line is just too much for me to balance at once. Fifteen minutes in to the episode, and I was already confused; which prompted this tweet...
|(Clearly, there is good reason why my Twitter presence is weak.)|
So, basically, I missed the entire conversation between Olivia and Cyrus on the plane (probably because I was scrolling through twitter) and the rest of the episode was a little fuzzy for me... I ended up watching Scandal again online later on so I could rewind when necessary, and it was MUCH better that way. #lessonlearned #notthebrightest
Anyway, did you watch both? (You lucky dogs with DVR!) What do you think about the seasons so far this year?
Here are my first thoughts... ***Warning*** SPOILERS AHEAD
- Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) is quite possibly one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen.
- Fitz and Olivia (with Melly's help) make me love their love and WANT them to be together. (Yes, I'm fully aware that this is why television can be so morally corrupting and sinful.)
- I might have to name a second child Fitz one day (between Mr. President AND Ezra Fitz on PLL - it is, obviously, an amazingly great - and hot - name).
- I LOVE Huck & Harrison, for totally different reasons.
- I really miss Jake Ballard and am, legitimately, worried about him. #heisntreallyinahole
- Olivia's dad? WHOA.
- I don't trust Cyrus, his boyfriend, or David. Not.one.bit.
- Melly is just horrible; but, I think she might be one of the best actors and most dynamic characters on the show.
- Kristina is adorable; I love her hair, and her spunk. (Working Moms Unite!!)
- Kristina and Adam's marriage basically restores my faith in American television. (And, maybe, makes up for my support of Fitz and Olivia's affair above.) I love that it isn't picture perfect, but that they are honest with each other, and WORK for their marriage.
- I think Amber got engaged too fast too; but, I got literal chills during the sweet scene between she and Sarah with the wine & bridal magazines at the end of the second episode. (I might daydream about planning a wedding with my future daughter one day.)
- How cool are Zeke and Camille?
- I appreciate that Parenthood is showing how hard having a new baby can be (I had one of those criers too), but I thought the scene in the restaurant was a little ridiculous. Why didn't she just go outside? (I left MANY a restaurant in the early months.) And, more than that, I REALLY don't think people would have been that upset, and I DEFINITELY don't think management would have kicked them out. I can just see Huff Post now if that kind of "discrimination" occurred in real life.
- Christina's campaign manager. :(
- Is Julia going to have an affair with that big furry man from the Sustainability Committee? Is anyone else getting that vibe? (Has she SEEN Joel lately?!?)
Ok... That about does it! What did you think?!?