home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Sunday, January 19, 2014

This Week's Gems

I'm not sure you can beat a Sunday afternoon when you have Monday off, you know? I'll be productive tomorrow; today, I will catch up on blog reading, watch movies, and snuggle with my boys.

What about you?  What's on your plate today?

LOTS to share from around the blogosphere this week; but, first, THANK YOU for taking the time to respond to my survey on Friday and leave such kind and thoughtful comments.  You guys gave me some good things to think about; and, even more so, some much-appreciated encouragement to keep this little place alive and well.  It is my HONOR to write here and share my life/stories with such a wonderful group of women! *So far, I've had about 150 people take the survey, but only 37 of you left comments to be entered to win a copy of Bread and Wine.  I will leave it open for a couple more days, so hurry on over if you haven't been yet! :)

For today, here are some of my favorite "gems" from this week...



It's been going on for several months now, but I'm still really enjoying the Simplicity Series at Emily Ley.

What would be on your "simplicity" list?


The College Prepster's tips on "How to Pull Off Lipstick"  


I still don't think I'm brave enough to actually do it (although Erika sure does make a compelling argument), but at least I know how now. ;)


Spoiler Alert: Sam's Valentine's will look like this this year.


They are perfect for my "wild man," and - with the free printable included - I think they will make even me look a little crafty. :)


One of my very favorite posts from this week was "On Pride and Perfection" from Erin at Blue-Eyed Bride.


Y'all, I don't really know how to describe it, but I have been following Erin's blog for a long time now (four years maybe?), and just in the last year I have seen her make this beautiful and seamless shift from being just another mommy-blogger to being a blogger that really makes a difference with her words.  Her quest for "white space" lately, her dependency on the Lord, and her courage to share them both with the world through her blog have, truly, been an inspiration to me.  Read this post.  It is so good.


I NEEDED to read "The #1 Organizing Trick that No One Tells You" from Ann Voskamp this week.


I feel like I am constantly looking for the next greatest thing or twelve step plan to get my life organized and "on track," but this is a great reminder that my days will never be "right" unless they are organized - first and foremost - around Jesus and time in His Word.  Yes.


A Cup of Jo posted about an article on The Psychology of The Bachelor this week, that was SO interesting.


(Read the original article posted in The New York Times in Nov. 2012 here.)


"8 More Winter Boredom Busters" from The Kavanaugh Report has some awesome ideas for entertaining toddlers during this long cold months.



It had never occurred to me to use our water table year round with something else inside it like rice or beans.  We might just have to try this this weekend!


These 19 Things People Swear They Will Never Do When They Have Kids is PERFECT.


I haven't put Sam on a leash (yet), but I'm pretty much guilty of saying I wouldn't do (and then doing) all of the other 18.  #neversaynever #oops

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous that you get out for MLK Day! We started a brand-new semester today, and we're calling for weather that'll probably put us out the next two days, so it would have been nice to have had today off, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover