home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What Would You Wear on The Bachelor?

Good morning!  After spending the last twenty-four hours in bed with the stomach flu, you can imagine how happy I was to get today off due to pending winter weather.  Right now, it is flurrying something fierce, but I still have my fingers crossed for a good snow before it is all said and done...

I wasn't on my A-game for last night's episode of The Bachelor; but, overall, I think Juan Pablo has a really pretty set of girls that have a real whining problem.  I still really like Andi and am undecided on pretty much everyone else.  (Chelsie, surprisingly, actually moved up a little for me last night even despite the fact that she was a total goon over jumping off that bridge.) Also, I could listen to Juan Pablo talk all day - he is the cutest.  What do you think? 

www.abc.com
Anyway, I think we can all agree that, aside from Juan Pablo's accent, the best part of this show is looking at all the girls' outfits and different styles from week to week...  Today we are playing a little game where we get to choose what we would wear if the producers called and asked us to pack our bags for the show. I hope you will join me!

Before we begin, there are a few rules to the game:

1.) Money is no object.
2.) You are the perfect weight/height/skin tone/ etc. to wear whatever you fancy.
3.) There are no seasons. It can easily be 40 degrees for one girl and 80 for another on the exact same day.

*Also, if at all possible, you should link to the items you choose just in case one of us really does go on The Bachelor one day and needs it. ;)

Ok, now, on to the "packing..."

First, let's be honest, you're going to be spending most of your time sitting with 10 other girls at the "Bachelor Mansion" (not that I'd complain, this seems like reason enough to go on the show for me). I'm always pretty mesmerized by the variety of outfits people wear during this time.  Some look like they had NO idea they were actually going to be on national television (Kelly), and some look like they are ready for a beauty pagent at any time (Elise).

Lounging:


You really can't go wrong with a good pair of black leggings and a chambray button up, am I wrong? Plus, if we're in the business of spending money on uselessly expensive things and pretending we will look good in whatever we wear, why not throw in a fun pair of New Balance shoes for JCrew and an embroidered emblem baseball cap in bright colors to make you stand out a little from the rest of the girls. :)  This outfit says, I'm casual, sporty, and classy.

The One-on-One Date:


We all know the hardest thing to dress for is the infamous "date card."  I like to believe that the girls are given more guidance on what to wear than what we get, but based on the number of girls that wear heels to an amusement park or to go sledding, I'm doubtful.  So, the challenge here is to look casual enough for a picnic or jumping off a bridge, and fancy enough for a private concert (duh!) or a photo shoot. 

I've pretty much fallen in love with the Tekoa Tank from Anthropologie for its details and versatility.  I love that, from far away, it looks super simple and casual, but up close the beading and detail is beautiful.


With skinny jeans, a great leather jacket (vegan, of course), and a pop of color in your shoes, it is PERFECT.  For the most part, I think you are always better off going casual than over-doing it, so I even love the simple low pony tail and stud earrings the model has on; but, you could easily dress this up with a nice pair of heels and some fun earrings.  (If only I got to plan some of these girls date outfits - ahem Cassandra. Right?!?)

Cocktail Party/ Rose Ceremony:


Here's something you may not know about me - I have a secret love for sequins.  I just think - when done correctly - they are so pretty and look so sophisticated.  I don't think I have ever once worn anything sequin because, frankly, they wouldn't be appropriate for the kind of events I go to; but, you better believe I'd be rocking them on The Bachelor.  How great is this dress?  With some strappy heels and big diamond studs.  LOVE.


Ok, there you have it girls.  Now it's your turn to share what you would wear for lounging, a one-on-one date, and the cocktail party/rose ceremony.  Write your own post and link up below!! Go crazy!

P.S. Who is watching THE WEDDING on Sunday night?!?!  I follow Sean and Catherine on Instagram, so we are basically BFFs.  I love them!!!


8 comments:

  1. Love your outfit choices! I am a huge fan of the sequin dress.
    I hope you are feeling better and enjoying the day.
    We have an early dismissal today and who knows about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choices! I'm going to have to give some thought to what I would wear . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeek this is so fun!! Great choices!! We would def be BFF as we sat around the house waiting to get picked for a date. ;) I am totally going to do this and link up, but probably not til tomorrow!! Also Cassandra won the freaking date LOTTERY! That was so unfair!! I still looooove Andi. And Renee. So glad the Free Spirit got the boot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfits! I'm totally on the same page as you with leggings around the house, it's all about comfort for me. Your rose ceremony dress is gorgeous! I'm all about the sparkle. :]

    I seriously can't wait for the wedding! I'm not a huge Catherine fan but I love Sean and I do love how happy they are together. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this fun post! I don't think I'll be able to get outfits together for a post. I am always still surprised that I still have no clue who some of the girls are at this point in the season, but I guess I am not paying close enough attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the date outfit! And I couldn't agree more with the love of sequins! Hope you get back to feeling 100% :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. our choices are exactly the same, E! I wonder why?? I would throw in shorts to lay around the house, though!! I cannot wait for the wedding sunday night!! Wish our Kathryn would stay and watch with us, just in case she ever has a wedding to plan.....sometime in my LIFE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sequin dress!!! What a fun post! I love all of your bachelor recaps--they make me laugh real hard. While we are on the subject...WHAT did you think of Sharleen & the kiss on the field? I about died. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover