home about contact sponsor why teaching midweek FAQs

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Wonderful World of Etsy

I don't really consider myself a stylish one.  I wear lots of turtlenecks and jeans and cardigans.  I call it "classic," and I'm ok with it.

BUT, since I've joined the blogging community, I've been introduced to a whole new world that just might change things... ETSY.  (I know, this is kind-of old news.  But, if you are already a fan, why didn't you tell me about its wonderfulness earlier?)

Etsy is an online marketplace where people can sell their hand-made crafts/jewelry/clothes/etc.  I like to think of it as the place where Anthropologie meets Craigslist. :)  Not only are these designers AMAZING and almost everything one-of-a-kind, but the prices are UNBELIEVABLE.  I think I just might become a trendsetter* in my little neck of the woods.

So... where should I begin?  Here are some of my most recent finds/favorites:

Pop Garden necklace from Allora Handmade for $35.00. 
Seriously?  How great would this look with a plain white t-shirt?


Both from CrystalB.  (Earrings only $11.00 & Necklace $40.00) SO vintage/cool!

Perfectly trendy/classic.  Love them! From Larque by Jason's (only $16 for BOTH)

(What can I say? I'm into little flowers.) I mean, really, I could go on all day.  Now - GO!


And, as a side note, my husband won "Class Trendsetter" in both junior high AND high school.  I still have not heard the end of it... He LOVES to mention it any time anything remotely fashion or trend-related comes up.  I do not plan on stealing this glory from him... just sharing it.  (If only they had superlatives in grown-up life!)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I love etsy too! Oh and I off now to check out the flatbelly diet, I am just wondering if I can handle the diet part..lol.. I sure hope so! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love etsy! They have awesome jewelry, handmade skirts and dresses and awesome vintage cookware :) Sorry I didn't tell you about it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a girl from my high school who sells her things on Etsy...

    http://www.lakenandlila.blogspot.com/

    Very cute stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, ETSY rocks. And I'd totally nominate you for a superlative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from the Northwest.

    -Love the pearl rosebuds in powder blue. (Also love your yellow book collection!)

    Kind regards,
    angiechrisman@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes this thing fun! I LOVE to hear from you and do my best to respond to everyone! THANK YOU!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover