Well, before I show you the photo... I owe you all an apology. 13/20 of you said that I should "just trim and grow" my hair... And, I did say that I would do whatever you told me. BUT, I also said that my hairdresser Rachel had the final say and... well, it is short.
Here's the long and short (haha - no pun intended) of it:
I honestly went to my appointment planning to get a trim. You guys convinced me. But, when I talked to Rachel, she said the thinning was really obvious. (Apparently, she told Kathryn at her appointment later in the day that she had to "remain calm" because it was obvious. Told you!) Anyways, she suggested that I go ahead and cut it now - to keep it healthy - knowing that I have two trimesters and six months (where the hair loss may work itself out) to grow it before I actually have a baby. *The Good News* Apparently my hair has stopped graying. (It was getting pretty bad there for a while.) I guess they were the first to fall out. Good riddance!
So... My hair:
I look JUST like Katie Holmes, don't you think?!? (It is always a mystery to me how my face doesn't just morph into hers when I cut my hair according to her style...)
For now, I'm happy with this decision to go shorter. It's not my favorite thing. (I'd really rather have long luscious locks.) And, it is still doing something super weird/annoying on the right... But, I think it looks healthier. I think I will like it for the next few months... And, it will grow before I'm too HUGE. (Let's hope, for goodness sake.)
Anyway, while we're on the subject of being huge... Here is my 14 week "bump" picture:
I'm not having any super weird cravings or anything to report on. But, here are a few "stats" for your enjoyment:
- I still have acne.
- I've gained a lot of weight.
- I am sleeping with a gigantic snake-like body pillow. Pray for Jeff.
- I still wake up on my back EVERY night. How am I supposed to prevent that?
- I am already having trouble hiding my belly-button. It hasn't "popped" or anything, but I feel like it shows through everything. Not.a.fan. (I'll probably have to write a whole post on this soon.)
- I started going back to the gym this week to take Zumba. It felt good. I think baby will be a dancer. (Hip-Hop, of course)
- I am obsessed with Lemonade Vitamin Water.
- Our baby has fingernails.
- I started a registry on Amazon this week. (I know it is way too early... But, it was just so fun!)
- I think I use too many colons and dashes in my blog posts now. (Pregnancy related?)
That's all for tonight! It's way past my bedtime.
Don't hate me because of my hair!